Thursday, January 23, 2014

Product Review: Magic Tap

There are few things in the world so precious to parents of young children as those things that allow said children to be independent.  This Christmas Santa delivered one such thing that has made my life SOOOOOO much easier!  It's this; the Magic Tap.


Basically, it's a magic (okay, it's battery powered, but that amounts to about the same thing) pump that you can stick in a gallon of milk, OJ, or whatever and your kids can get their own drinks without having to lift the way-too-heavy-for-them gallon jug out of the fridge.

I'm not usually a big fan of the "As Seen on TV" products but with two kids under seven still living in my home, I was tired of getting up to pour the milk every time they wanted a drink.  Also, I'm not a huge fan of cleaning up the $4.76 gallon of moo juice off the floor.  This time, I was willing to give it a try.  Honestly, I'm really glad I did.

These are available on-line from about $6-$20, depending on where you shop.  I got mine at our local Shopko store for about $13.

If you live like I do and have multiple milkaholics in your house, be prepared to go through a lot of batteries.  We got ours on Christmas morning and have been using it since then.  It's still on the first set of batteries, but we can tell they're nearing the end.  (I think I got the cheap Dollar General brand this time, so that may be a factor.  I'm not really sure about how battery quality effects this.  Or anything else.  I just know the DG brand is way cheap compared to the name brands.)  We go through a gallon of milk in about two days around here, so if you go through less, they should last longer.  If you go through more, you might consider investing in a dairy cow.

There is a bit of a learning curve for finding out how far away from the spout to put your cup.  The first few days I had to clean up a few messes, as we all had to figure it out.  After the initial trials, the number of milk spills in our home significantly decreased.  Another word to the wise, you may want to pour a tiny bit out of a new gallon before putting the Magic Tap in.  If you don't, there's a chance you may overflow the container just a little.

My littles really like it.  I mean, like they really like candy, really like it.  They're all smiles and this momma is getting a break from pouring the milk each morning.  That's a win-win in this house!


***I have no affiliation with Magic Tap.  I just really like this product and wanted to share something I think will make your life easier.

***Update: This only lasted about 6 months. Even with new batteries, it just up and quit. So, it was good while it lasted but that wasn't long. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment