Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Still Here

It's been well over a month since I was able to blog anything.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I have a couple of things in the drafts folder that I have yet to finish.  That said, there's just too much on my plate and my mind to even start.  So, in 500 words or less (or more maybe.  I'm not actually going to count), here's my life lately.


I'm trying to decide my approach to homeschooling for next year.  What's that you say?  Haven't I been doing this for two years already?  Shouldn't I have a grip on this by now?  Why, yes.  Yes, I probably should.  But I don't.  I'm exploring both ends of the spectrum, everything from enrolling in K-12 to unschooling.  Haven't found the direction we're heading yet, but I think it will come soon.

The other day, my oldest two children spent some time cleaning the toilets.  They've spent the last
couple of days fighting with each other.  I'm done with that.  From now on, you fight with your siblings and you clean.  My house might go from gross to sparkling in less than a week if this continues!

Yep, that's right.  My house is gross.  Even though my mom has been awesome and helped me clean it last week, it's still gross.  The kids don't seem to grasp the idea that when they spill something they should clean it up.  Or that food should stay in the kitchen.  Or that clothes are optional.  (I've tried to promote nudity to decrease my laundry load, but only the baby is with me on this one.  He even tries to wriggle out of his diapers now-a-days.)

Vance is still looking for permanent work.  I know God has a job for him, I just wish I knew what it was.  And what it pays.

Ball season is here and we'll be gone four nights a week most weeks in June.

And then there's VBS.  It's less than 60 days from my biggest event of the year and I still have so much to do.  I'm waiting on people to get signed up so I can put the kids and leaders into crews.  Still have to pass out the leaders guides, get materials lists from the leaders, place t-shirt and CD orders, coordinate bussing, plan decorating and about a zillion other things.

Oh, and this year I decided that we're continuing to school through the summer.  Yeah, I know.  What's up with that?  I want to at least finish E's math book.  We've got about 28 more lessons to go.  If we double up, we could be done in less than three weeks.  If....

So, that's it.  I'm a busy woman.  What's new in your neck of the woods?  Doing anything fun or exciting or exhausting this summer?  I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment