Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Book, a Cake and a Sunday Morning. aka, I Need a Nap!

April's shaping up to be a busy month.  To start the month, I wrote a book review.  It's awesome (the book, I mean.  The review is probably mediocre at best.).  You should check it out.

On Saturday we hosted an Army themed birthday party for my son (who will tell you that today he is three and a half years old, but will be "six" tomorrow.  So much for homeschool kids being math whizzes!).  For the party, I made a cake.
A tank cake.


It was awesome.


But you don't have to take my word for it.  You can take his.


Sunday morning I taught children's church. We started a study on Ephesians 6:10-18 today and taught the kids about putting on the "full armor of God."  We watched an awesome video from the Go Fish Guys.  (If you haven't heard them yet, you need to.  They. Are. Awesome.

We also traced the kids' bodies onto butcher paper.


We decorated shields of faith, belts of truth and swords of the Spirit.


When I got home, I worked on cleaning up from the tornado that was our weekend.  No pictures.  It's still a work in progress.  Maybe I'll finish tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment