Monday, February 14, 2011

Things I Wish I had Known Earlier



Last week at Dollar General I picked up some new hairclips.  For whatever reason, I opted to buy the $2 version instead of the $1 version.  This is out of character for me, as I'm incredibly cheap.  But the old ones just weren't doing it for me.  I've got thickish hair so after about 10 minutes, the old clips would be turned sideways and my hair would look ridiculous.  Also, they would fall out very easily.  Thus, I spent the extra and tried a new kind.  These are AWESOME!  My hair stays in, even if I'm jumping around or running (okay, I haven't actually tried the "running."  I'm  not really a runner.)




Old Clip, "$1 Version"
New Clip, "$2 Version"






















Another Dollar General find:  Ritz Crackers.  The Clover Valley brand taste almost as good as the real thing. And they're a dollar cheaper a box for the same size.  My kids eat these constantly, so this is a very good find for us.




But the thing I learned this week that I REALLY wish I had known before, like about 7 1/2 years ago, is that I can have diapers shipped free to my door (2 day shipping!) at 30% off from Amazon.com.  Seriously.
Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers, Size 3, 156-Count for $24.19.  
That's 17 cents a piece.  Maybe you already knew this.  If you did, why didn't you tell me? I live 45 minutes from the nearest Wal-Mart and have 4 small children to cart around with me on road trips. 


There you go.  Don't say I didn't tell ya.  Now you know.  Go forth and do good with this information.    

1 comment:

  1. yes, you do get what you pay for sometimes, don't you? i just bought generic tampons this weekend and saved $.75. i told my husband it was not worth the $.75 and next month, i would treat myself to the real deals. :)
    we also get our (brand name) diapers from amazon....so worth it!
    happy valentine's day, Kelsy!

    ReplyDelete