Friday, September 10, 2010

Grateful #4

Today I am thankful for...

1. Pop Ice. You know, those popsicles in the plastic wrap. Yep, those. I think I've gone through about 6 in the last hour. Go ahead, have one. Add a little flavor to your evening.

2. Motivation. Today Mom came over and told Eli he could go to her house after he finished school. And BOOM! Just like that, he was done with school in less than 3 hours. We'll see how Monday goes...

3. Linemen. I know this may be biased since my step-dad works for the electric company but I seriously appreciate these guys. As I'm sitting here in my nice cool and dry house and listening to the thunder outside, I can't help but think of the fellas out there making sure the electricity is still on . Having lived with an REA employee for many years, I have a little bit of an idea of what you do. Thanks a million!

4. Wii Rock Band: The Beetles Edition. Seriously. John Lennon was either a much more talented or much less talented songwriter than the world gives him credit for. I haven't decided which yet. With lyrics like "we all live in a yellow submarine" and "I want to live under the sea in an octopus garden with you" one must wonder how those Brits with bad haircuts made it quite so big. But then again, these are the minds that gave the world "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and "It's Been a Hard Day's Night." What do you think? Genius? or just stoned?

5. Hand-me-downs. As a kid I didn't appreciate these. As a mom of 4, I love, love, love them, and I'm not just talking about clothing. This month we've been given gently used tap shoes and two big boxes of boy clothes I haven't made my way through yet. E also wore some passed down soccer cleats to practice this week. EZ sleeps in a hand-me-down toddler bed, and my husband is currently lounging on a previously used couch. (The matching over-sized chair is across the room from him.) Looking around my home, I see just how blessed we have been by the generosity of others. Some family, some friends, and even a complete stranger have graciously passed along their unneeded belongs to us. May we purpose to bless others in similar ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment