Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm a Desperate Mom

This week I started reading Desperate: Hope for Moms Who Need to Breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson.  Um...wow.  Four chapters in and I'm not sure exactly how Sarah Mae got inside my head, but she and I are so on the same page!

I posted a link to this book on my facebook profile and the response was overwhelming.  With just the title and a few words from me, all the moms I know and some I don't were wanting to read the book.  That alone made me realize I am not alone in this.  There is a great need for mothers to band together and do this thing called parenting together!

Here's what I've gleaned so far.
  • Mommas need each other.  We're not meant to do this alone.
  • My husband is not my girlfriend.  I shouldn't expect him to be.  It's not a role he was meant to fill.
  • I need to be mentored and I need to be mentoring.  
  • Motherhood is hard.  
  • The God who called me to do this will equip me to do so.  Without Him I could do nothing.
  • My most important jobs are loving my husband and loving my kids.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the book.

Read it?  Reading it now?  I'd love to know your thoughts!  Join together with like-minded moms on facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment